This is a super easy recipe and if you have a Thermomix it will make the preparation process even quicker. Perfect for preparing school and work lunches when you are strapped for time, and great for large gatherings. These patties can be served up with green salad, a tabouli, in a wrap or even as a burger patty.
This is a vegetarian recipe but to convert it to vegan, just omit the egg and replace with a Chia Egg (1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of filtered water, mixed well and left to sit for 10 mins). I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Don't forget to tag me at @thenakedgardiner and hashtag #thenakedgardiner on Instagram, I'd love to see your recreations!
- 1 can of organic Chickpeas (BPA free), drained and rinsed
- 1 large Carrot, grated
- 1 Free Range Egg or a Chia Egg (vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons Besan Flour (Chickpea Flour)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon Savoury/Nutritional Yeast (heaped)
- ½ Brown Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional, if you like extra spicy)
- ¼ bunch of Parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut Oil, for pan-frying
- Prepare grated carrot and finely diced onion.
- Using a food processor or Thermomix, add all ingredients to the bowl. Blitz until a sticky mixture is formed. If you are using a Thermomix, pulse several times on Turbo mode.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Using a dessertspoon, spoon out a small amount of mixture and form in to patties using your hands. Pan fry in coconut oil.
- Using a spatula, turn patties after 1 -2 minutes on either side, or until golden brown.
- Place absorbent kitchen paper in a heatproof dish and place cooked patties to absorb excess oil. Continue with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with a green salad, and top with your favourite chutney or pesto. Enjoy!