- 200g pitted medjool dates
- 200g shredded / desiccated organic coconut (150g for filling, 50g for rolling)
- 150g dried organic cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g extra virgin coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Line a baking tray with aluminium free baking paper. Set aside.
- Place pitted dates in a bowl of warm filtered water to soften and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a dry grinder or thermomix pulse shredded coconut for several seconds. ** If you are using desiccated coconut there is no need for this step. **
- Place 150g of the pulsed coconut into a large mixing bowl while setting aside the remaining 50g in a small bowl, to be used later for rolling the balls.
- Add cacao, coconut flour, maca, cinnamon and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Using a food processer or thermomix pulse dried cranberries for several seconds, alternatively roughly chop and add to the dry ingredients.
- Strain softened dates (retaining the date water) and place into a food processor / thermomix to prepare the date paste. Blend on medium speed while adding a tablespoon at a time of retained date water to the paste to obtain a smooth thick consistency. ** Remember to add more water to allow the blades to move (and not burn out the motor). **
- Add the date paste and coconut oil to the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Using a dessert spoon; spoon a small palm sized amount of mixture into your hand and roll in to a tight ball. Roll ball in desiccated coconut and place on the lined baking tray. Continue with the remainder of the mixture.
- Place in the freezer to set for half an hour and transfer to an airtight container.
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer depending on your willpower!
- ENJOY NAKEDS!